Thursday, February 12, 2009

So Funny!

So the other day I was downstairs and Taegen was upstairs playing with his toys. I was wondering what he was doing since it was so quiet up there. All of a sudden, he comes walking down the stairs with a pair of underwear over his diaper and carrying the rest of them in his hands. I had shown him his "new" underwear trying to get him excited about them thinking maybe I could potty train him. Well, I had put them back in his drawer still in the packaging they came in not thinking a thing about it. Needless to say it worked and he was very excited to wear his "ball" underwear. So I decided to try(not wanting to miss an opportunity) and potty train him, even though he is still really young for a boy. Things were going really well in the #1 department, but the #2 department was a whole other story, and I started getting REALLY tired of changing poopy underwear because it gets over everything; legs, feet, my pajamas, my hands... need I say more? So were giving it up for now, and we'll try again later.

2 comments:

Casey and Jamie Talbot said...

Potty training can be very frustrating and messy. We tried everything to get Ethan to go, including bribes for treats, new trains, putting him on the pot every 10 minutes and he would just end up pooping in his pants day after day. Finally we just let him decide when he was ready and once he decided he liked going to the potty we didn't have any more trouble. Kyla was much easier to train than Ethan. She really liked her 'princess' underwear and caught on pretty quickly, although she did have a few accidents and really hated me when I put her underwear in the garbage after she pooped in them. We will also always remember her taking her underwear off and not making it into the bathroom. We heard some crying and she had some poop on her hand. She had pooped in the hallway and was trying to pick up a little turd and put it in the garbage. She hated that poop on her hand and after that she never touched it again. Good luck with Taegen, I'm sure he will catch on quickly, especially if he likes his underwear. He is cute little boy.

Mom J said...

Hi! T looks so big in his big boy underwear. We have all had our share of "poopy" underwear; it goes with the title "Mom". See you in two weeks. Love ya.